If you have carpenter bees around your home and you want to get rid of them. Well, this article will show you how to do so. In this article, I will show you how to get rid of carpenter bees with wd-40.
What is wd-40 and what are its uses?
The WD-40 Company, headquartered in San Diego, California, manufactures a water-displacing spray under the WD-40 brand name. WD-40 is a lubricant, corrosion preventative, penetrant, and moisture displacer.
Wd-40 has a lot of great uses. Here are some of the many uses of wd-40
- Can be used to fix squeaky hinges
- Can be used to clean tiles
- It’s great at removing sticky residue.
If you want to know some more wd-40 uses you can check this article out “14 unusual wd-40 household hacks”.
Does Wd-40 Get rid of carpenter bees?
While there are a lot of different ways you can use to get rid of bees, using wd-40 is probably the cheapest and most accessible method. If you spray wd-40 on carpenter bees it will kill them on contact, so yes using wd-40 is a great way of getting rid of carpenter bees.
Wd-40 doesn’t only get rid of carpenter bees but it can also eliminate a lot of other insects as well. Wd-40 can also kill wasps, which are way more annoying than bees.
Now I am going to tell you two ways in which you can get rid of carpenter bees using wd-40.
How to kill carpenter bees with wd-40
To get rid of carpenter bees with wd-40 is pretty simple just make sure to do the following:
- Wear protective gear– It’s pretty obvious why it’s important to wear protective gear while getting ready to exterminate bees.
- Find the bee’s nest– Check for small holes that are about 1/2 to 1 inch deep. These holes usually have sawdust below them and you may see some yellow stains around the holes.
- Spray the nest– Spray the nest with wd-40. Use the straw of the wd-40 bottle and place it inside the holes and spray. Do this for 3 days until all the bees are dead.
- Cover the holes- Cover the nest holes with caulk.
This is the best way to use wd-40 to kill carpenter bees.
How to get rid of carpenter bees without killing them
This is more of a way to prevent carpenter bees from making nests inside the wooden areas of your home. To do this all you have to do is spray any wooden areas you think that bees will want to build a nest in. The strong scent of wd-40 will definitely keep the carpenter bees away.
These were the best ways on how to get rid of carpenter bees with wd-40. There are way more effective methods of doing this but using wd-40 is the simplest. Also if you want a safer way to get rid of them I would suggest that you call an exterminator since they are professionals and they know how to prevent the bees from showing up again.