Cleaning shoes can be a pain sometimes especially when you want to return them. But most of the time it’s usually the bottom of the shoes that’s hard to clean. In this article, I will show you how to clean the bottom of your shoes.
Some of The best ways to clean the bottom of shoes
I will be showing you some different ways in which you can clean the bottom of your shoes.
- Clean the shoe sole with water and dish soap
Did you know you could make your own DIY shoe sole cleaner with just warm water and mild dish soap? Now there are two ways you can use water and dish soap to clean dirty shoe soles. The first method is to get a small bowl of water and just add a little bit of dish soap to it. Then use a cleaning brush or cloth to clean the bottom of your shoe. You can also use a spray bottle instead of a bowl and spray the bottom of the shoes.
The second method is to get a large(wide) bucket and place the shoes into the bucket. Make sure they can fit and that they don’t bend. Now fill the bucket up with warm water all the way up to the shoe soles (don’t let the water touch the body of the shoes). After that just add some dish soap or dishwasher powder to the water. Then let the shoe soles soak in the water for about 15-20 minutes. After that take out the shoes and use a dry cloth to wipe shoe soles until they are dry.
- Scrub with baking soda
Before you clean your shoe soles with baking soda you want to make sure that you get rid of the dirt that’s on them. To get rid of the dirt just use a cleaning brush or an old toothbrush. Now get a small bowl and mix together baking soda, warm water(don’t add too much), and dish soap together. This will create a paste-like substance. Now dip the toothbrush into the paste mixture and use it to clean the shoe soles. Dip the toothbrush into clean water and repeat this step. Now use a wet cloth to wipe the bottom of the shoes. Then use a dry it with a dry cloth. Doing this will make your shoes look brand new again.
If you want to know some different ways in which you can use baking soda you can click here.
- Use toothpaste
Cleaning shoe soles with toothpaste is very easy. The first thing you need to do is remove any dirt that’s on the bottom of the shoes with an old toothbrush or any cleaning brush. Then apply white toothpaste onto the brush then use it to clean the bottom of the shoes. Do this until the dirt that was on the shoe is gone. Now use a clean cloth to wipe away the toothpaste. If you still see a little dirt on the shoe then use a damp cloth to clean it.
- Use vinegar
There are two ways in which you can clean the bottom of shoes with vinegar. The first method is to get a spray bottle and add some vinegar and warm water to it. You can also add a little dish soap as well. Then shake the mixture. Now spray the vinegar onto the bottom of the shoes, then use a cleaning cloth or brush to scrub it. After scrubbing use another damp cleaning cloth to wipe away the soap residue.
The second method is the easiest. All you have to do is get a small bowl and add vinegar to it. Then dip a cleaning cloth or brush into it and use them to scrub away the dirt stains that are on the shoe soles. Keep scrubbing until every dirt mark is gone from the bottom of the shoes. Now wipe the shoe soles with a clean wet cloth. Then let the shoes dry (air dry ).
Those were the best ways to clean regular shoes/boot soles. I will now show you how to clean rubber shoe soles.
The best way to clean rubber on shoes
- When cleaning rubber on shoes it’s always best to use a cleaning brush or an old toothbrush to clean away the dirt that’s on the bottom of the shoe soles. Doing this will make the rest of the cleaning process way easier.
- Now place the shoes into a large wide bucket where they won’t bend that easily. Then fill the bucket up with warm water up to the shoe soles height.
- Then add a couple of squeezes of dawn dish soap and add a few scoops of baking soda into the water as well. Then mix it around (without making the upper part of the shoes wet).
- Soak the sole of the shoes in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Then take the shoes out of the water and use a cleaning brush to scrub the soles. Then soak the bottom of the shoes in the water again for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the shoes and dry them with a clean cloth. If you still see some dirt marks on the sole of the shoes then add a little baking soda to an old toothbrush and scrub away the dirt stain. Then use a wet cloth to wipe away the baking soda residue and then use a dry cloth to dry the shoe soles.
This is the best way to clean rubber shoe soles. I will now show you how to remove grass stains from the bottom of your shoes.
How to remove grass stains from the bottom of shoes
There are two methods you can use to clean grass stains from the bottom of shoes. The first method is to:
- Clean the shoe sole with vinegar
Vinegar is great at cleaning a lot of things. So it is great for removing grass stains from shoes as well. Get a clean cloth and pour some vinegar onto it. Then use the cloth to wipe the bottom of your shoes. Make sure that when you are finished wiping there are no more grass stains left on the shoes. If there are still stains on the shoes then use a toothbrush instead of a cloth and scrub the shoe soles. After wiping or scrubbing, use a dry cloth to dry the bottom of the shoes.
- Use rubbing alcohol
Using Rubbing alcohol is a great way of removing grass stains from the bottom of your shoes. To remove grass stains with rubbing alcohol all you need to do is pour some rubbing alcohol on a cleaning cloth then use it to scrub and clean the bottom of your shoes until there isn’t any grass stain left. After scrubbing it use a wet cloth to wipe the shoe soles.
These are the best ways to remove grass stains from the bottom of your shoes. Now I will be telling you how to keep your shoe soles clean.
How to keep shoe soles clean
I will now show you 3 simple ways on how not to get your shoes dirty.
- Avoid walking in extremely dirty areas if you can- This includes muddy, sandy, and other dirty areas.
- Always have a bottle of shoe cleaner at home ready- This doesn’t have to be a shoe cleaner bought from the store. You can make your own DIY versions. By mixing together, vinegar, warm water, and a tiny bit of dish soap into a spray bottle.
- Keep them protected- THis means it’s best to keep them in the box that they arrived in because they will be less exposed to certain things including dust etc.
Throughout this article, I talked about how to clean the bottom of shoes. I hope you found this article helpful and if you did please feel free to share it.
Comments are closed.